Captain Rockhopper (commonly known as Rockhopper) is a friendly pirate penguin who regularly sails to Club Penguin in his ship, the Migrator, about every two months or so. He is always accompanied by his red puffle, Yarr. His ship is always docked at the Beach. He keeps a journal of his adventures, and sells rare items brought over from Rockhopper Island. When he comes to Club Penguin Island, he gives away a free item and sells other items to members in the Rockhopper’s Rare Items catalog. Penguins can sometimes see Rockhopper in random places in random servers when he lands on Club Penguin Island. Players can receive a free gift from Rockhopper by clicking what is usually the “Add Buddy” icon on his player card. Rockhopper is named after the actual species of penguin, the Southern Rockhopper Penguin – which are located close to Australia, where I live!
Also, Rockhopper’s Island is rumoured to actually be Christmas island – near Australia too! Click here to read more about that!
Did you know that Rockhopper is the most famous penguin of Club Penguin, mainly because he’s been around the longest. He is also my favourite famous penguin.
Here’s what Rockhopper’s player card looks like.
Here’s what his player card looks like when walking his puffle Yarr.
The First Launch
On March 7, 2005, Rockhopper finished building his ship, the Migrator and started his adventures. In this trip, Rockhopper adopted Yarr, discovered Rockhopper Island and found a lot of treasures. After over a year of adventures while being lost Rockhopper saw a light from a lighthouse in the distance. Rockhopper then came back to Club Penguin. He visited the Lighthouse, played a few games, and danced at the Night Club.
Save the Migrator Project
Rockhopper was spotted on January 17, 2008, and it appears the Migrator was hit by an iceberg and his ship was slowly sinking. Rockhopper and Yarr were both fine, though. On January 23, 2008, Rockhopper’s rowboat arrived at the Beach. On Friday, February 1, 2008, Rockhopper began his journey home in his rowboat. Players could watch him rowing by looking through the telescope at the top of the Lighthouse. Also, a booth appeared on the Beach with a sign that says, “Save the Migrator”. It had a map of the island and the crash site spot marked with an X. The Aqua Grabber was built to obtain pieces of the sunken Migrator. Those who finished the game were rewarded with a Golden Wheel Pin. The boat was periodically changed depending on the status of the ship. At the start of February, there was just a toolbox. Over time, more tools appeared and parts of the Migrator were scattered around the Beach. On 28 March, when the ship was complete (but very dirty) a sink appeared at the booth.
When the ship was completed, Gary the Gadget Guy brought his new invention, the Flare Flinger 3000, to the Beach to call Rockhopper. You could see him coming in his rowboat toward Club Penguin at the top of the Lighthouse. Rockhopper rewarded the penguins by giving us the Captain’s Quarters Key pin so that we could enter his Captain’s Quarters. Before Rockhopper released his key to the public, there was a rumor that the key did not exist. But, if you asked him where the key was, he would say “Arrr, The key be under me hat!”. However, a picture shows him taking it out of his beard.
This is the background Rockhopper has been giving out for a long time, it’s known as the ‘original’, ‘regular’ or ‘classic’ Rockhopper Background.
During the Island Adventure party in 2009, he brought with him this background.
This background was given out for a limited time in Walt Disney World in 2009
During the Fall Fair of 2010, in September, he gave out this background.
Step 1. (*THIS DOES NOT WORK EVERY TIME*)
First of all you must check if Rockhopper is Online or Offline. To do this go to the login page, type Rockhopper as the User and any Password over 5 characters (under 5 characters is to short).
If it says Incorrect Password he is most likely Online so continue searching.
If it says Banned Forever he is most likely Offline so you should stop searching and try again later.
*REMEMBER ONLY LOOK FOR ROCKHOPPER WHEN THE MIGRATOR IS DOCKED AT THE BEACH*
1. Firstly, look for a sever that has lots of penguins on that usually doesn’t. If you find a sever that is like that, I recommend looking there. If not I recommend going on a highly populated sever for example, ones that are full most of the time. DO NOT TRY EVERY SEVER BECAUSE IT’S A WASTE OF TIME!
2. Severs such as Mammoth, Avalanche, Sparkle, Abominable, Yeti, Yukon and Alaska are often chosen to go on by Rockhopper. I suggest you check these, but of course he goes on other severs too.
3. Look at other Penguins Player Cards to see if lots of them have Rockhoppers Special Background, or check their stamp book for the Rockhopper stamp. If quite afew of them do have those things, then it’s quite likely that he may have passed through where you are recently
4. Rooms to look in are places that can hold a lot of penguins, not like the Ski Mountain. Rockhopper is usually in the Migrator (his Ship) so check there first. Be sure to check the Captain’s Quarters. If he is not there, check all of these places: the Beach, the Dock, the Cove, the Plaza, the Pizza Parlour, the Iceberg and the Night Club.
5. If a room is full, keep trying to get in, although I can not be guaranteed Rockhopper will be in there or not. Try having a look at what penguins who come out of the room are saying.
6. Also remember don’t be to impatient and upset if you can’t get in a full room. It’s quite possible he might go into the room you’re currently in.
6. Of course if it’s 1:00am-6:00am CPST he’s less likely to be on, but it’s not impossible. In fact, I’ve met him a few times when it’s 4am CPST, so don’t think you won’t meet him at these times.
7. Chat boxes with people continuously trying to help each other find Rockhopper are VERY helpful. Often they do tell the truth, unlike trackers (unless of course the trackers use bots and can tell when and where Cadence is as soon as she logs in).
Once you’ve found him
Usually when you find Rockhopper there is a HUGE crowd surrounding him. Other Penguins seem to change to the colour Red and dress up in Captain or Sailor clothes. Also, Rockhopper is actually larger than other penguins, making him stand out slightly more.
1. If you’re in a crowded room, and think Rockhopper might be there, just click on “Show Buddies” and then click on ” Users in the room” and you will find him besides a big smiley face.
2. To quickly get the free background given out by Rockhopper, also just click on “Show Buddies” and then click on ” Users in the room”. Then click on the box icon, which replaces the usual “Add Buddy” feature.
But remember, if you can’t meet Rockhopper and still want his free background, then use penguin storm. The id is 9075, but you can only get it while his ship is docked at the Beach.
Hope this helps you find Rockhopper. If you have seen him, or need some more tips please post a comment. I’ll be more than happy to give more tips if you want!
See below for more famous penguin finding guides!